This year started off great. Unfortunately the end of this year has not been so great. I’ve gained back about 10 pounds in the last two months or so after being on a plateau for MONTHS.
There is so much going on in my personal life that has taken over my entire being. I went for my first kickboxing class in a month on Monday and I realized just how much I have been slacking off. This makes me feel even more horrible. My depression has been in over drive- maybe it’s the holidays. I’m trying really hard to remember the last time I felt just truly happy with myself. This is a huge factor in my weight loss journey.
My dear friend Judy brought me a book on meditation. I can’t wait to read it. I’m hoping it will help me with managing stress.
Also, I have to get control on my food. Between stress and battling the blues, my food has been out of control. I’ve made excuses with myself as to the justification for my bad eating habits. That’s done. I bought myself a new fancy planner and I am food logging everything that goes in my mouth. In just three days I have found that I have to get better at my water intake. I didn’t even drink half of my goal in ounces of water yesterday.
I think my biggest shock was when I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 250.8. Completely unacceptable. I need to find my workout mojo again and I think this exactly the kick in the rear end I need.
So- here’s the plan of action:
- Carb detox- cleaning out the pantry (fridge and freezer have already been cleaned out!)
- Couch to 5K! We are running a 5K in March and breaking the 2 hour time limit (self imposed) for the Cooper River Bridge Run in April!
- 30 pound weight loss for 2016! (Not including the extra 10 pounds I packed back on!)
- Manage stress- mediation, journaling- anything! I’ll try it if it helps!
- Commit to working out at least 4 days a week and maybe even tacking on a couple of two-a-days.
- Become a morning work out person. I feel so much better when I work out in the morning. If only that stupid bed wasn’t so darn comfy.
- Food log consistently!!!!
- Drink more water!
- This is the biggie- find my happy. Clean out the toxins from my life (people, situations, etc) and be selfish in my happiness.
Thank you to everyone that has cheered me on. This is a long journey. (I mean- that’s why it’s called a journey, right?) I’m still working on my #SexyInProgress!