There are days that I just can’t find my mojo to get to the gym. I force myself to go and ultimately I leave feeling fantastic. However, when I’m not working out with CJ, I have to have my ear buds in and my music going.
I edit my workout playlist about every couple of months or so. I love music and have a vast array of songs in my collection, but my mood changes so my music needs to change. So when I’m not feeling my workout, I use my music to motivate me.
Most of you know that I’m a huge fan of 90’s pop music and believe me, there is a bunch on my 300+ song playlist. I’m also a big fan of listening to rap music and music that speaks to whatever life situation I find myself in.
So- just for fun, I am putting my current work out playlist on shuffle and these are the first 5 that played:
- “Sweet Dreams” by Beyonce
- “Club Can’t Handle Me” by Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
- “It’s Raining Men” by Sister Sledge
- “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher
- “Womanizer” by Britney Spears
Tomorrow is weigh in day and I’m a little nervous because I got thrown off my routine this week. I’m sure that will happen more often in the next few weeks as we head into the holiday season. No matter what the scale says, I’ve had two “small victories” this week!
1. This one is bittersweet: My favorite jeans are getting too big. I got these jeans in Wyoming this summer and they are the most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever owned. They fit perfectly when I put them on Saturday Morning. By Saturday afternoon, I kept having to pull them up. I know that is a good thing, but I’m not prepared to give up my favorite pair of jeans.
2. I was putting away my laundry tonight and came across a shirt that I got late last year. My boss was very generous and purchased each of us the Allstate apparel item of our choice. I picked out this really nice pink button down. I was a little disappointed when I got it that it was a feminine fit, so I couldn’t even button it and the arms were very tight- to the point of being uncomfortable. I tried it on tonight and I’m happy to report that the arms are comfortable and I can button the shirt. It’s still a little snug for my liking, but baby steps! I hope to be able to wear this comfortably buttoned in a month.
That’s all I have for tonight. I’ll post with my weigh in tomorrow. Until then, leave a comment with some of your favorite work out songs!